SAHS membership is open to anyone who is interested in hydrology and in being part of a community dedicated to the mission of strengthening the community of practice and promoting and advancing the science of hydrology in South Africa.
We hope you’ll join us! (sign-up form below)
Please note: Being a member of SAHS does not mean that someone is registered professional or that someone has attained a certain level of qualification.
Benefits of membership
- Discounted rates for SAHS conference attendance and other events
- 1 SACNASP CPD point per year for membership (South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions, Continuing Professional Development points)
- Voting rights at the SAHS bi-annual General Meeting (GM) – have your say on the next SAHS Council and other matters.
- Opportunity to run to be a SAHS Council member in the next Council elections
- Notifications about relevant events, opportunities, and research
- Networking opportunities, including having your name and position listed in the SAHS member directory if you wish
- Membership certificate
Membership types & annual fees
Ordinary membership, R300
Student membership, R50
Hydrofundi membership (age: 65 years+), R100
If you are also a registered professional scientist with SACNASP or civil engineer with SAICE, you will be additionally listed as a “Professional” member of SAHS.
Note: The membership subscription year runs from January to December. Full subscriptions from new members that are received after 30th September will also cover the whole of the following year.
To become a SAHS member, please fill out the following form.
Upon completion you will receive instructions on how to pay your membership fee. Student members will also be required to submit your proof of registration. Once payment is confirmed, you will receive your membership certificate for the year. (This can be used to claim SACNASP CPD points.)
You will also be added to the SAHS google-groups email list (if you are not on it already). SAHS group emails are generally bi-weekly announcements of events, opportunities, and resources. If you do not wish to receive SAHS emails in your inbox, you can change your own settings to not receive mail. You will still be able to see the emails by visiting the google-groups site. Alternatively you can choose to unsubscribe completely.